Z-HOPE – Zetas Helping Other People Excel
What are the objectives of Z-HOPE?
Z-HOPE is an outreach service program that has six primary objectives, corresponding measures of success and a mechanism for chapter recognition. The primary objectives are:
- To provide culturally appropriate informational activities according to the Z-HOPE program format
- To foster collaborative partnerships between community organizations with shared goals
- To promote the opportunities for expansion in Stork’s Nest programs
- To facilitate community service and mentorship opportunities for members of the organization
- To provide an equitable chapter recognition program for community services rendered
- To provide a standard reporting format to concentrate efforts and demonstrate the organization’s impact
National Educational Foundation
The National Educational Foundation of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. with 501 (c) 3 status is created and operated exclusively for charitable and educational purposes. The principle activities and purpose of the trust are to award scholarship grants to worthy students for the pursuit of higher education; to conduct community educational programs which will aid in the educational and vocational improvement in individual and community living standards; to engage in activities which will aid in the educational development of all women; and to engage in any appropriate research related to the purposes of the Foundation scholarship.
Since 1972, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority has enjoyed a partnership with the March of Dimes in an effort to encourage women to seek prenatal care within the first trimester of pregnancy, thereby increasing the prevention of birth defects and infant mortality. Nationwide, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. sponsors over 175 Stork’s Nest.