“I am an undergraduate member and my college or university does not have a chapter, can I still become a member?”

Yes, undergraduate students may seek membership as associate members to the Graduate Chapter. Sigma Mu Zeta Chapter currently serves as sponsor to Alpha Tau, an undergraduate chapter at Emory University and Iota Sigma, an undergraduate chapter at Clayton State University.

“Is there a G.P.A. requirement for women interested in membership?’

Ideally, candidates will have at a minimum 2.5 GPA. Zeta Phi Beta Sorority upholds the highest ideals of scholarship. Graduate chapter candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.

"If I have graduated with an undergraduate degree, how do I become active in the graduate/alumni chapter?”

Members may transfer their membership upon successful review of their sorority standing.

Transferring to Sigma Mu Zeta?

Congratulations, Soror in taking this first step to reconnect with Zeta, you’ve recommitted to the pledge you made to our illustrious sisterhood! Your transfer into Sigma Mu Zeta will only be complete once all transfer paperwork is received by the Chapter within 30 days.

“Who do I contact if I am interested in Zeta Phi Beta?”

Please contact our membership coordinator at smzmembership@gmail.com or you may submit your information on an electronic interest form located on this website. You may also contact us via mail with a letter of interest at:

ATTN: Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.,
Sigma Mu Zeta Chapter
PO Box 136
Stone Mountain, GA 30087

“I have heard that there is a financial obligation for membership. Is this true, and to what extent?”

Yes, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. funds its operational and programmatic efforts with the dues and donations of the membership and benefactors. Since membership is lifelong, so is the financial commitment.

“What is the National Pan Hellenic Council?”

The National Pan Hellenic Council serves as the “umbrella organization” for the nine Historically Black Greek Letter Organizations (HBGLO’s). Its purpose is serving as a vehicle for collaborative service.

“If I belong to an academic Greek letter organization or Masonic organization, may I seek membership in Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.?”

Yes, members of academic Greek letter organizations and Masonic organizations may seek membership in Zeta Phi Beta. Members of HBGLO’s may NOT.